Summer Camps at HearSay Speech and Hearing Centre
Confidence building through learning, play and fun are some benefits of summer camp programs at HearSay Speech and Hearing Centre
Children will explore educational activities with a focus on speech sound development and motor movement of speech, expressive and receptive language skills, social communication, phonological awareness and literacy.
Camp programs are designed for children ages 4 to 10 years of age (must be toilet trained) the focus of our programs is to provide opportunities for children to develop strong communication skills and maintain and expand their literacy skills which tend to regress during the summer months. Our programs are developed to encourage children to explore and discover their strengths through effective expression and connection with their senses. We encourage children through play, music, art and fun-filled games all in a safe yet challenging setting. HearSay camp programs will keep your child challenged with fun-filled camp activities, lessons, music, art and drama all geared to develop opportunities to learn and strengthen their speech and language skills. Our small group settings allow plenty of individual attention with each camper to encourage each child to excel.
Children will enjoy a variety of theme related activities through games, crafts and music with an emphasis on:
- Literacy / reading / vocabulary / grammar, following directions / syllable segmentation
- Speech sound development / word play
- Expressive and receptive language development
- Drama and role play
- Team building / social skills / turn taking and responding to peers
- Memory skills
- Strong sequencing and retell
Our unique program will create an exciting opportunity for children to learn and strengthen their language and literacy skills while maintaining a consistent routine that fosters learning throughout the week.
Our objectives for these summer camps are to encourage children to enhance speech and language development and return to school feeling more confident.
Our summer camps are led by Communicative Disorder Assistants (CDAs) under the guidance of our Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) held in a supportive environment focused on fun speech and language activities.
Camp Hours, Dates and Lunch Information:
- Full Day – 8:30am to 5:00pm
- July 17th – 21st, 2017
- August 14th – 18th, 2017
- Children are required to bring a NUT-FREE lunch and snacks Monday through Thursday
- Pizza Lunch provided on Fridays
Camp Registration and Refund Information:
- Payment is required in full to reserve your child’s spot. If paying for multiple weeks a 50% deposit is required to hold a child’s spot with remaining balances paid on first day of camp.
- No refunds for cancellations made 15 days prior to camp start dates; balances may be carried over to another camp date provided space is available. A $55.00 administration fee is levied if cancellations are made before the 15 day notice listed above.
$550.00 per child, per camp
Extended care available from 5 to 6 – $15.00 daily
Check with your extended healthcare provider for coverage
Was this information useful?