To all of our clients,
We are excited to announce that our practice will be gradually reopening for routine Speech and Audiology appointments. This is not something we take lightly, as your safety and the safety of our staff is vitally important.
Things will look a little different when you come in for your next visit.
We are taking all possible precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and along with our normal best practices, this includes:
- Strict and frequent disinfecting/sterilization protocols for all surfaces and equipment used in our practice
- PPE for staff including face shields, masks, and gloves
- Mandatory staff education regarding Infection Prevention and Control
- Dividers between reception and client, and between some clients and staff, where feasible
- Staggered appointments and strict physical distancing
- Separate entry and waiting area for speech and audiology clients to further enable physical distancing
- Limited access to wait rooms, where shared items such as toys and reading material have been removed
- Daily screening of staff and clients for illness
- Hand disinfection stations
- Continuance of telepractice to further limit in-office appointments
In our effort to keep you safe and to physically distance, for the next while appointments will be spaced out. This will ensure a limited number of clients in our wait room. We encourage those taking advantage of our telepractice for speech therapy to continue doing so. If you need to come into the office, please book your appointment over the phone, where you will be asked some screening questions.
Here are some basic rules we ask you to maintain when you visit our office:
- Come alone. Come on time. If you are considered a minor or require assistance, please bring only one other person with you.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outdoors until your allotted appointment time
- Always wear a mask or face covering. Note this does not apply to toddlers or preschoolers.
- At front reception, please use hand sanitizer provided and have our office staff sign you in.
- Practice physical distancing
- If you are sick or exhibiting any covid related symptoms, please stay home.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with exceptional care while maintaining maximum safety for all of our clients and staff. We thank you for your understanding and we are looking forward to seeing you.
The HearSay Speech and Hearing Team